Pages

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal at Mandarin Oriental in London



It was my second time at the famous eatery and I must say I was looking forward to going there again.  Inspired by Historic British Gastronomy, criticised by very mean British Critics The Dinner is located in the Mandarin Oriental hotel and it is nice to have a few few drinks in an excellent cocktail bar in the hotel, always full of people and fun. A long list of cocktails awaits to be tried and tested, still many I haven't tried so I am sure I will be back again and again.

The reservation was at 10pm and the restaurant was still full of guests. The decor is quite simple, dark wood and glass but very glamourous at the same time, the restaurant floor is huge and not really divided so if you want a romantic table, perhaps you should ask in advance. The waiters are very knowledgeable and full of information but to be honest we just wanted a nice meal and it was just that. I am a very predictable girl and I ordered meat fruit as a starter as I had it before and really loved it,

 my main course was a duck and that was an excellent choice,


accompanied by Heston's Perfectly Mashed Potatoes. Let's just say, mashed potatoes have never tasted so good anywhere else. All that followed by chocolate bar dessert with flakes of gold, I must say the flakes were bigger in December, it must be the recession ;-) 


All in all a great meal and fun atmosphere, great place for a date, which it was. Dress code is formal but us shopaholics will be forgiven if we wear a more flamboyant outfit as the bar is famous for very flamboyant types ;-) Service was great and enthusiastic and I would definitely come back again, I will try more dishes and wines.


More info and reservation here

You can find plenty of reviews of Dinner by Heston on the internet or you could just go to have your own opinion here is a link to one and another critical one. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment