Skylight - theatre play review

 


Skylight has been on London theatre scene for a while now. I was looking forward to seeing it as it has one of my favourite actresses in it, Carey Mulligan and of course Bill Nighy. As the story of the two lovers unfold , we get to know the characters , it is an interesting study of the personalities and quite stereotypical class backgrounds. Contrasting the "rich" and the "poor" being involved in a love triangle. Predictably , there was a strong hint of feminism and Bill Nighy character has brought up strong memories of the character he played in "Love actually" film , which was a bit disappointing to be honest, I think he can do better than that. These are my two and only criticisms of the play which I have enjoyed otherwise and recommend. It is funny and has a lot of emotions that I have enjoyed. It seems to be on stage on and off so definitely worth watching if are a theatre fan. 


London theatre review

Skylight review

Skylight play honest review

 

Comments