DO I NEED TO DRESS UP TO GO TO THE THEATRE IN LONDON?


 


How to dress to the theatre or a concert in London? That is the question!

It is funny as you can often see people who are in the theatre in London or at a concert at Royal Albert Hall for the first time, they simply stand out as they dress up too much. Don't get me wrong, I love dressing up and I definitely encourage it but the general trend is to be wearing something smart casual or even very casual. I sometimes wonder if the real fashion is only worn by the fashion bloggers and influencers as you can hardly ever see anyone dressed up in 'real life' and I tend to be the odd one out. Well, it is a great way to stand out if you would like that. 

So the short answer is - no, you don't have to dress up , it is enough if you just wear a smart casual outfit and you will blend in perfectly. 

For a man -  jeans with smart shoes such as loafers or brogues and a button down shirt and a blazer, for women anything goes really as long as it is looking elegant and smart. Needless to say , we have to leave those backless clubbing dresses at home unless you want to raise some eyebrows ( I have seen it all as a frequent theatre and concert goer).

If you are dressed up you are communicating the world that you have either never been to the theatre before as you don't get the memo that it's casual or that you are a die hard fashionista and you just don't care. I say, let's bring back dressing up to the theatre! I will be wearing a dress and heels either way however if you are seeing a matinee performance the dress code is even more casual and you can really relax however still being smart applies. 


Theatre dress code

London concerts dress code



Comments