BEST BROCCOLI AND EGGS SALAD -HEALTHY WAY TO EAT BROCCOLI-EASY BROCCOLI SALAD

 

How to eat more broccoli? Broccoli is very healthy but I found that I don't really like eating it, so I was on a quest to find a way how to eat more broccoli and incorporate it more to my diet but in such a way that is healthy, so avoiding frying it roasting it. So here is a fun and easy healthy broccoli salad that can be prepared quickly and can even last you a couple of days in the fridge. This salad will keep you very full for a long time (tested by me as I am hungry all the time). 

What you need for this salad for one person , double the ingredients if you need more:

1. One lage brocoli

2. 2 hard boiled eggs

3. soy or coconut yogurt ( you can add mayonnaise too but I prefer yoghurt) 

4.one large tomato or a few cherry tomatoes

5. half of red bell pepper for the yummy crunch

6. half  a can of black beans for protein 

7. salt and pepper to taste

How to make it? 

1. Boil the eggs and boil or steam the broccoli that should be cut in small bite size pieces.

2. Let them cool down a bit and then lay broccoli at the bottom of a large salad bowl, then put eggs cut in quarters, add tomatoes cut in small cubes, add red bell pepper cut in tiny pieces, add black beans and drizzle with yoghurt or mayonnaise , mix it all up well, add a bit of pepper and salt if you like, I only add a tiny sprinkle of black pepper. Et voila!! That's it, it's that easy!

 I like to eat this salad when it's still a bit warm from the eggs and broccoli , any leftovers you can keep in the fridge and make it for lunch the next day, so I like to cook 4 eggs which saves me cooking them the next day. Just remember to take it out from the fridge well in advance before eating so that it warms up to room temperature unless you like eating things super cold. 

You can serve it as a main meal which is very filling because of the eggs and black beans. You can use it as a side dish to share with your family. Enjoy!


easy broccoli salad

easy broccoli recipe

how to eat more broccoli 





Comments