WHAT IS GOLDEN MILK? GOLDEN MILK RECIPE


What is golden milk and what are the benefits of drinking it? When I first heard about it I wasn't too keen but after I tried it, I started loving this drink and noticed those wonderful health benefits. 

First of all the main ingredient of golden milk is tumeric and cinnamon which both have many health benefits - boosting your immunity and mood, they are antioxidants and help preventing cancer and age related diseases. There are many benefits. The one I have definitely noticed is this one - when I was feeling like I am coming down with flu or just feeling off in the evening, I would drink the golden milk and almost immediately I would feel better, the flu has magically gone and the next day I felt fresh and full of energy. So even if can't see the other benefits, this is one is definitely noticeable so even for that reason it is worth to make a cup of golden milk now and again. 

Here is the recipe for one cup /mug of golden milk:

-1 tbs of tumeric

-1/2 tbs of cinnamon 

-1/2 tbs of brown sugar or honey

-1/2tbs of powdered ginger (optional ) 

-pinch of ground pepper

-1/2 tbs of butter or coconut oil

- 1 cup of milk of choice, I like almond or oat milk but any other milk is fine too

Pour the milk into a pan along with other ingredients and heat up while stirring well. Drink when it's hot. That's all, you will feel that your flu has backed off! I would normally have it in the evening before bed, it is a tasty and relaxing drink. It does have a nice taste even though it seems that with all those spiced it will taste awful but the honey or sugar breaks it down and helps making it very tasty. Please don't forget to add the fat (butter or coconut oil ) as it make the numeric absorb better. Enjoy!


Golden milk recipe

what is golden milk

golden milk what is it good for

tumeric benefits

golden milk benefits


Comments