Where can you get the best cakes in London?


 



There are so many bakeries in London that sell amazing cakes , some cakes are even famous like Peggy Porshen in Belgravia or Chelsea where people are actually queuing up outside to get to the to the delicious interiors. Many bloggers and not just bloggers take photos in from of the flowery decorations, everything for the Instagram. But does this mean these are the best cakes in London? 

I have been on a quest for the best cakes, cupcakes and all things sweet for a long time, trying out them all across London and Chelsea in particular. And according to my research there is one place that stands out when it comes to cakes, cupcakes and other delicious sweets and it is not Peggy Porschen. Don't get me wrong, they do have amazing cakes as well. 

The best cakes have to have qualities that not all cakes have- they have to be fresh, beautiful looking, fluffy and light in texture and have a good mix of deliciousness and healthy ingredients. I think the days of eating pure sugar icing are gone, nobody wants that anymore. Health and beauty all the way even when it comes to cakes and cupcakes!

For this reason, for me, the best cakes are in L'Eto on King's Road, they also have other branches across London and they deliver as well which nowadays is very helpful. They have the best selection of the most beautiful cakes for any occasion and they also do seasonal ones too. Beautifully decorated and and gorgeous not only in the photos on the website but in real life as well, which is not always the case. There are also healthier options as well, lighter cakes. This brings me to my personal favourite of the moment - Green Cake that is the fluffiest take on mascarpone and spinach with a dash of crunchy pomegranate seeds. This cake is pure happiness and I couldn't believe you could make a cake out of spinach, every day is a new discovery! I am very happy I have discovered L'Eto on King's Road as this is my closest branch.

 Visit website L'eto Cafe King's Rd

Sign up by email to get my new posts to your inbox

(all photos: L'Eto)




Comments